- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Ordering and Cancellations
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
Shipping & Delivery
- Our products ship to you by several possible methods and from various locations, depending on what you order and where you live. Most orders ship via UPS or Postal Service to your designated shipping address. Larger equipment ships by truck freight (usually requiring a forklift or loading dock). If you are ordering solar panels, appliances or other freight items (indicated with an * in the item heading), be sure to provide us with a suitable address for receiving freight. If there are freight items in your order, we will contact you to get the details all worked out.
- When receiving your order, remember to carefully check for damage. If there is obvious or suspected damage you may refuse the shipment, or note possible damage with the delivery driver on whatever delivery documentation you are required to sign. When you sign for a delivery, you acknowledge that the package was received in good condition. If you sign for damaged goods without making a damage notation, we may not be able to help you persue a damage claim. So check your delivery carefully. In most cases, when you sign, the package belongs to you and damage claims are entirely between you and the parcel or freight carrier.
- In nearly every circumstance, shipping costs are lower to commercial addresses (home-based businesses don't count), compared with a residential delivery. Freight charges are substantially less to a commercial address that has an available forklift or loading dock. Specifying a legitimate commercial delivery address will likely save you substantial cost on large orders or heavy items. HUP batteries only ship to commercial addresses with forklift or dock, or for Will Call pickup at the freight terminal. Most customers use a local lumber yard, feed store, or other business that routinely handles freight. Be sure you, or someone you trust receives the shipment and checks for damage on your behalf.
- We reserve the right to charge you by any means available, for additional freight costs associated with re-delivery, incorrect delivery addresses, "commercial" addresses that are not recognized as such by the freight or parcel carrier, or any other circumstance that results in Backwoods Solar being charged additional fees by the freight or parcel carrier due to circumstances on the delivery end of the journey. Placing an order with us constitutes your agreement to these terms.
Privacy & Security
Returns & Replacements
- Our general policy is to accept returns of unused, like-new merchandise in original packaging for refund within 30 days of receipt. Some items are custom-built or special-order and do not qualify for return or refund under any circumstance so PLEASE DO NOT RETURN ANYTHING WITHOUT CALLING US FIRST. We are available to assist you in any way. Please contact our Customer Service team at: 208-263-4290 (M-F 8am - 5pm, PST) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will gladly assist you with any assembly, missing parts or questions that you may have about your products. Often many questions can be remedied with a phone call or email and do not require a return.
Ordering & Cancellations
- You may order online through our website checkout, or call us to place an order by phone. Email is a great way to communicate technical details, or a list of needed products. We are happy to offer product selection advice and help you to choose the things you need for a specific project. Many of our customers have only a superficial knowledge of solar power products. Never fear... we're here to help.
- Buying solar equipment is not like buying a new barbecue. There are technical issues involved in choosing compatible equipment and we want you to get it right the first time, so we look for obvious errors in your order. When you pay by credit card during the checkout process, we delay processing the payment until we have reviewed your order to check product availability and ensure that shipping costs are correct. If there is any change to the content or cost of your order (except when the cost is lower), we will contact you for approval before charging your credit card. In no circumstance is our order review process to be construed as a guarantee that the products that you choose will be suitable for your specific need, and by necessity we have to assume that you know what you're doing when you place an order.
- Special order and custom items are non-returnable. Any deviation from the stated policies is at Baclwoods Solar's sole discretion, per item, per instance.
- In short, if you need to cancel an item or order, time is of the essence. If your order has been processed there may be a cancellation fee of 5%. Contact us immediately before we process your payment and we'll try to work out a suitable solution.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Our site is set up to enable you to complete your purchase online if using a credit card or Paypal. We also accept cash (in person only), check, or Bank ACH Transfer for most orders. We do not ship merchandise until we receive full payment for the order, so using a check for payment will delay your order until the check has cleared our bank. Your choice to use a check acknowledges your acceptance of that delay in order processing. A bank ACH transfer is a secure way to pay for your order quickly, especially when a significant amount of money is involved. Your bank makes an electronic money transfer to our bank. This usually occurs in a few hours, or up to one business day, and there's no chance of getting a check lost in the mail. You must contact us after completing checkout for this option, so we can get your bank routing information from you. Pricing is subject to change without notice, and we make no guarantee that any particular product is available at the stated price. We make a good faith effort to keep pricing and availability updated, but we assume no responsibility for displaying current prices or accurate available stock. We reserve the right to change pricing after an order has been placed, and your sole recourse shall be to cancel all or part of the order. There will be no cancellation penalty for items whose pricing has changed, but you are required to make the cancellation immediately upon notification of the change. Portions of your order that are unaffected by the pricing change retain their usual cancellation and return policies, and there may be a financial penalty for canceling the entire order.
- We reserve the right to correct typographical errors in pricing or product information and substitute the appropriate price or other information without penalty. We reserve the right to refuse any order or portion of an order without cause. We reserve the right to change promotional incentives when such incentives do not comply with the spirit of their intent (as defined by Backwoods Solar). Under no circumstances are we bound by any promotional price or incentive. All pricing, including promotional pricing, is subject to change without notice.All price quotes, including prices in a saved shopping cart, are subject to change at our sole discretion. Product availability changes quickly, and Backwoods Solar is never obligated to supply a particular product that is no longer available through our usual sources at a profitable price, and we reserve the right to delete any portion of the order that by our definition is unavailable.
- You may view your order and recent order history by logging in to your account. Just follow the My Account link at the top of every page.
Updating Account Information
- Go to the My Account link at the top of any page to access your account information. We suggest that you check your account information each time you order to be certain that it is current. We are not responsible with shipment delivery issues associated with any delivery address that you provide.