The WEEB washer line of products is designed to bond solar PV modules to mounting structures and create an electrical path to ground. WEEB washers eliminate the need for older, more costly grounding methods and greatly reduce the amount of labor and materials used in installations. The innovative WEEB washer design removes the need to run ground wire to each individual module and eliminates the need for surface preparation on anodized aluminum components. To install, WEEB washers are placed between PV modules and mounting rails at clamping points or at bolted connections. When anti-seize is applied and the hardware is tightened down to the appropriate torque spec, the WEEB washers’ specialized teeth embed into anodized aluminum, galvanized steel, or any electrically conductive metal to establish a gas tight electrical connection.
Press one WEEB 9.5 into two of the four 9.5 mm (3/8 inch) holes in the mounting structure. The retaining fingers will keep the WEEBs from falling out while the PV module is aligned to the mount. Each of the two WEEB 9.5s should contact a different mounting member. Insert 1/4-28 bolts and tighten until the dimples are completely embedded and the two aluminum pieces are flat against the body of the WEEB. A large washer will help to embed the dimples when using thin or malleable metals. The embedded dimples will make a gas tight mechanical connection and thus ensure good electrical connection.
- Bonds PV modules to mounting structures
- Specialized teeth on washer embeds into anodized aluminum to establish gas-tight electrical connection
- 304 Stainless Steel washer
- ETL Listed to UL 467
- WEEB Washers are recognized to UL2703
- Outdoor rated
- WEEB-9.5 For 1/4 inch bolted connections
- WEEB-9.5NL Without retaining fingers, up to 3.8 inch bolted connections
- WEEB-11.5 For higher currents, up to 3/8 inch bolted connections
- DOWNLOAD LINKS
- Additional Information
model No SKU S-WEEB9.5