Three Stage, PWM, charge controller for 12, 24, and 48 volt systems
Morningstar’s TriStar Controller is a three-stage controller that provides reliable solar battery charging, load control, or diversion regulation. The controller operates in one of these modes at a time and two or more controllers may be used to provide multiple functions. The Controller is UL listed and has a 5 year warranty.
10.3" x 5.0" x 2.8"
Key Features and Benefits
- Large heat sink and conservative design enables operating at full ratings to 45°C. No need to de-rate.
- RS-232 port provides optional connection to a personal computer for custom settings, data logging, and remote monitoring and control.
- DIP switch provides quick configuration setup, and custom settings via RS-232.
- Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, high temperature, and overvoltage.
- Terminals accept up to 2 gauge wire.
- Connecting optional battery sense wires and remote temperature sensor will improve control accuracy. Constant voltage series PWM algorithm increases battery capacity and life.
- 3 LED’s to indicate status, faults and alarms. Optional meter displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test and reset capabilities. Meter connection via RJ-11 phone jack.
- Pushbutton provides manual reset and stop/start battery equalization or load disconnect.
- DOWNLOAD LINKS
Available Download Links
Morningstar Tristar Datasheet (PDF)
- Additional Information
model TriStar-60 SKU C-MS-TRISTAR60